August 2, 2008

12 Days!


I'm at 12 days and counting! Ahh! I'm pretty much completely overwhelmed and frantic--but very excited. I wanted to let everyone know how the whole I'm-moving-to-Portugal Process is going...

1. Visa Process:
So, I've been waiting for forever to get my fingerprints back from the FBI so I could go apply for my visa. Well, they finally came on Thursday, and I have my appointment with the Portuguese Consulate in Newark on Wednesday, August 6. I have everything else they say I need to apply, so hopefully it'll go smoothly. But some extra prayers for that would definitely be appreciated.

2. Support Raising:
Can I just say that you all have completely shocked me with your generosity and wonderfulness?!! I can't believe that in less than 2 months, my support is almost two-thirds raised. As I mentioned before, I had to have half of my budget in cash before I left ($4000), and the other half I had to have either in cash or in monthly pledges. To date, I have raised all $4000 of the first half in cash, and almost $1500 in cash and pledges towards the second half. This means that I still need to raise about $2500 in cash and/or pledges in the next twelve days. Again, seems a bit impossible--but so did raising $8000 in less than two months--and we're almost there! A big thank you to all of you who have donated and helped with fundraising--you're all amazing!

3. Speaking of which...
Huge shout out to the Kiwanis Club of Dover and Randolph!! They graciously allowed me to speak at their annual barbecue this past Wednesday night, where I gave a brief description of what I will be doing in Portugal. They have very generously decided to donate towards my support, and I am extremely grateful!! So Thank You!

That sums it up for now...Now I'm just trying to figure out how to fit my whole life into two suitcases that only weigh about 40 lbs. each!

Love always,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment