January 9, 2009

Back In The Saddle Again...

Happy 2009! I know it's technically been 2009 for 9 days now, but this is the first chance I've had to sit down and post a new blog. And actually, I don't even really have time to do this! I should be grading papers and writing midterm exams, but I wanted to at least let you all know that I'm back in Portugal and doing well.

I had a great time at home, and it was fantastic to see my family and friends. But, it's a good feeling to return too--and I've launched right back into my busy, hectic schedule.

I arrived last Saturday morning, and did my best to stay up all day Saturday and Sunday. I got to hang out with some friends and attempt to get back on Portugal time. But, I have still struggled a bit with jet lag. That five hour difference doesn't seem like much, but it totally kicked my hiney! Fortunately, I'm nearing the end of that now.

We started school again on Monday, and the kids all arrived for the first day of the new year in new uniforms! I think they're adorable, but the kids are not too excited about them. In fact, most of them hate the uniforms, but they'll learn to deal with it...they really do look super cute! We dove right into learning...for which my students had a bit of difficulty finding motivation. But, now that it's the end of the week, I think they're doing better. We have midterms coming up at the end of January, so they're starting to realize they better bit the bullet and start studying! Midterms for them mean lots and lots of work for me. I have to compile exams that test over all of the material we've covered since the beginning of the year....not exactly looking forward to doing that.

We also had our first Bible Study of the new year with the Wyld Lifers on Wednesday night. It's so good to see all the kids again--I really missed them! We're finishing up the book of Luke right now, and the kids are so insightful. It's really a blessing to see the passion through their eyes--they see things and think of things so differently than we do.

Love you all lots--and thanks for your support!! Wishing you all a very healthy and happy new year!
xoxo Ariel

2 comments:

  1. i miss you sooo much already!! :0) but i'm glad you're back on schedule! i know how you like for everything to be the way it's supposed to be! hopefully, i'll get to see you soon though! love you lots, rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm..time to update the blogger, girts. it is one of my like two forms of contact with you. xoxox rach

    ReplyDelete