December 16, 2008

9 Days 'Til Christmas? What???

5th and 6th Grade Skit
3rd and 4th grades singing
3rd and 4th grade skit
K-2 dancing to Everlasting God (So Cute!!!)
K-2 Singing!
Full House...
Using the kids as my little decorating Christmas Elves...
They were obviously happy about it!
And maybe a bit surprised...
Making Paper Chains and De-tangling Garland...
Snowflakes! They were everywhere!
And honestly, if I never see another Paper Snowflake in my life, that'd be okay...
Real snowflakes are okay though--
Rehearsing for the Program!

I cannot believe that Christmas is right around the corner. And that I have done absolutely NO Christmas shopping. I've been running around like a chicken without a head for about a month now, and I am not quite prepared for the holiday season that is quickly approaching. I'm actually leaving on Saturday to come back to the States for Christmas, and I'll be so happy to see you all! And to have a good bagel--man, I miss those!

This past Friday was our Christmas Program, which I was in charge of. I'm officially putting the whole Chairing the Christmas Program thing right up there with riding an elephant--Glad to say I've done it, but NEVER, EVER again!! So much stress in putting that thing together! But, it turned out quite beautiful, and we had a great turn out. We were totally packed in the church sanctuary--to the point where we were spilling outside. I had chosen Isaiah 9:6 as our theme verse and split the school into 4 sections: Kindergarten-2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grades, 5th and 6th grades, and 7th-12th grades. Each section was given one of the attributes of Jesus from that verse, so K-2 had Everlasting Father, 3-4 had Mighty God, 5-6 had Wonderful Counselor, and 7-12 had Prince of Peace. Then each section performed a song and a skit/dramatic reading/dance...it really was super cute and the kids did an awesome job.

In addition to creating and organizing the program, I also was in charge of decorating the school/church for the program (those kids made so many paper snowflakes--it's ridiculous!), getting all the refreshments organized, creating the programs to hand out, and just making sure everything was getting done. So I didn't sleep for about 3 days--but it all paid off. Like I said though, NEVER again ;)

This has been a crazy semester, but I'm having the time of my life. There has been drama, definitely, but I still feel like I am absolutely sure that this exactly where I am supposed to be. And that is a wonderful feeling. I'm reaching out to these kids, and I feel like I'm making a difference. And it's all thanks to you guys--for you prayer and your support!!

See You Soon and Merry Christmas!

xoxo

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment