
The above quote is from William Carey, the Father of Modern Missions. His words are powerful--encouraging us to expect great things from God, while reminding us to attempt great things at the same time. God wants to do incredible things in our lives. He is a miracle worker--He's raised people from the dead, created life out of nothing, formed the whole universe with only His voice!
It's tragic how sometimes we doubt that the God who did all of those things, can do anything in our lives today. We can believe that he formed mankind out of dust, but not that he will provide enough money to pay our bills this week or that he can heal our illness. God is so much bigger than the box we place him in, and he is so faithful to His children. I am expecting great things from God--not just that the rest of my funds will be raised in the next 25 (ahh!) days before I leave; but also that great things will happen as I join this ministry in Portugal.
Be encouraged--attempt great things for God! You don't have to move across the ocean. Just love people the way He loves people. Look for the broken hearted, the poor, and the forgotten--and treat them the way God would. Attempt great things--and expect great things to happen!
Okay, mini-sermon over :) I've had requests for updates on my fundraising--so here we are!
So far, I've raised (with your help, of course!) $1800. This is just enough to buy my plane ticket, which I'll be doing in the next few days. I am still required to raise another $2200 in cash before I leave. The other $4000 I need to raise, can be raised in the form of pledges, but I must have all $4000 accounted for before I leave. I've already received one pledge of about $40 a month (Thank you!), so I still need to raise pledges that amount to $360 a month (or $3600 total). That means if 36 people pledge $10 a month for the next 10 months, I'd have it all raised! Please keep praying, as we all believe the money will come in!
Love you all,
Ariel
No comments:
Post a Comment