July 5, 2008

41 Days and Counting...


Here's what's happening on the home front!


Rain, Rain, go away!
The big yard sale we had planned for today was postponed due to the yucky weather. My family and I spent hours and hours going through everything so it would be ready for today--and I so appreciate all of those who took the time to go through their own garages for items to donate. It's frustrating that things didn't quite work out as I hoped, but we'll reschedule the yard sale for next Saturday (when the weatherman tells me it will be sunny) and hopefully we'll be able to raise some of my support.


It is with an extremely red face that I admit I accidently sent out newsletters without postage to my extended family this past week. They were simply dropped into the post office box, and I didn't even realize I had forgot to put stamps on them until one of them was returned to me. I looked at the little note which said, "Returned for Postage" and instantly realized my mistake! Apparently, some of the letters were delivered anyway (God must love me!), but if any of you were asked to pay postage, please, let me know and I will reimburse you! I feel so horrible about it!!


There are only 41 days until I need to be in Portugal, and there is still so much to be done. My first challenge is raising the money I need for the airfare ($1200). Once I've bought my plane ticket, I can proceed onto my visa. Please, keep praying that God will provide the money necessary for me to go!


Love you all,

Ariel


No comments:

Post a Comment