It's been a wonderful weekend. I've been house sitting for some friends who went on a mini-holiday, and they just happen to be here with NATO. Know what that means? Lucky charms, tacos, and flavored coffee, baby! Woohoo! It's been lovely. I finally got to watch Tangled with some friends, and all in all, just had a relaxing week. Much needed!
Today, I have my SEF appointment (the appointment I have to dazzle the Portuguese officials in so I can receive residency!). I'm supposed to have my criminal background check from the FBI, which I sent to American somewhere around the middle of January. Because of all the snow, it was delayed 3 weeks getting there! But I was finally charged by the FBI for running the check on February 11...now, it's March 7, and I have yet to receive my results. NOT GOOD. This is one of the definite requirements for residency...but the truth is, also, that it all depends on the person I get! If I get a nice person, they may just wave me through....if I get a cranky person, well, I could be in a lot of trouble. The good news is, I'm allowed to be in Portugal for three months without a visa. Those 3 months expire on the 14th...and fortunately, I'm headed to England on Thursday. Hopefully, they will stamp my passport, which SHOULD allow me back into Portugal for another three months...though that's the tricky-round about way of doing things. I'd much rather be able to come back in properly. So loads of prayers today would be awesome...
Off to brave SEF! I'll update you upon my return...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment