October 26, 2008

Fall Back.

Today I gained an hour. Unfortunately, my body is set to "teacher-time," and I didn't sleep an extra hour at all. Even though I wanted to--I even laid there in my bed and tried to force myself to go back to sleep...but it didn't work. Well, since I was up, I decided I might as well do some laundry. And for the first time since I moved here, I hung my laundry on the line to dry--and it didn't rain!!! Shocking!

It actually turned out to be quite a beautiful day...around 80 degrees and sunny. I'm a little jealous of all of you who are at home on the East coast. Alyssa wrote me a few days ago to tell me that she woke up to frost covered ground--and that she wore gloves! I want to wear gloves!! Summer weather is nice, don't get me wrong; but I'm craving some nice fall weather I guess.

Last night, Me, Ashley, Gina, Stefanie, Emily and Caroline all had a night out on the town. First, we went to the coast to watch the sun go down...I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing the sunsets here. It's just so very beautiful. Then we went to Ikea--not the smartest idea on Saturday night. Let me tell you, the Europeans love their Ikea!! After that, we went to Chili's! Since it's the very first one in Portugal, it's located in Lisbon, so we decided to make a night of it. Seriously, we left my apartment around 6 and didn't get back until about 1 am. Granted, about an hour and a half of that time was spent lost in Lisbon, but still we had a blast!

I went to church this morning, and now I'm just being lazy! I watched Grey's Anatomy on Surfthechannel.com (invaluable to an American overseas!), and then figured I had better update my blog.

Please keep ICSC in your prayers...there is all sorts of upheaval going on, and it's very easy for me to get frustrated by the way things are happening. So please, pray. Lots and lots and lots of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment